This is a post by Huê dedicated to the specific topic of how to SEO Vietnam. Enjoy it!
Nowadays there are a lot of methods which can help you improve your ranking in the internet. One of the most popular methods is SEO (Search engine optimization). That method is used more and more in Vietnam now. Today, I want to share with you the procedure that can assist you in SEO Vietnam.
The first step is research. We have to know the objective of the company to have right plan for your SEO Vietnam campaign. Then, we analyze the website we need to do SEO for: content, HTML standard, meta, title, description, footer, backlink, keyword, rank on Google, etc.
One important thing we need to do carefully is brainstorm keyword. How can we do that in the best way? We use Google keyword tool to evaluate keyword, track and analyze the competition of keyword, make a list of the competitors from our keyword. We also can use Yahoo Site Explorer to check our competitors’ back links (note that this service is no longer available but other options still exist, check out our favorite SEO tool, SEO Power suite and it’s Spyglass module).
The second step is about SEO On page. Regarding the website, we need to upgrade our hosting if it can’t adapt to our needs and create cache site on server: filecache, memcache, apc-cache, x-cache. If we want to increase web speed, we can install Gzip. It is better if you have a chance to create refer pages which are put on high-speed international servers.
To let customer know the result of SEO, you should install Google Analytics two weeks before beginning your SEO Vietnam campaign. The website will be more powerful if you optimize the HTML (h1, h2, b, strong, nofollow, alt …), meta, title tag, insert keyword, description, copyright tags, … Besides, you need to answer a question: “Does the content have Silo structure which makes internal linking more powerful?”.
The last step is about SEO Off page. Nowadays, social networks are a very powerful way to connect with everyone in the world, therefore you can consider creating accounts in Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, LinkIn, Twitter, BlogViet or create a blog in Yahoo, BlogViet, Opera, Blogger; update information; make friends; put links in your page and your friends’ pages, … It can help you get more visit to your landing pages. You also can create accounts in many forums and write posts with signatures which have back links. To make your website more popular, you can submit it to Vietnam or international web directories and publish related and contextual content in blogs, then bookmark this content to sites like Sig, Digg, Linkhay, Tagvn.com. Besides, you can also make some comments with your web link in other blogs but those comments need to be relevant to the post, not just thank you or say so much about your site because if you do not listen to my advice, you will be considered as spammer. Other useful way is link wheel but it is a little complicated way, so I will tell you more later.
These are just some basic steps. There are many other things you can do to improve your website rank in the internet. I hope these information be useful for your SEO plan in Vietnam.
Step 1: Research
- Objective of company
- Brainstorming keyword
- Evaluating keyword: use Google keyword tool
- Tracking keyword
- Analyzing the competition of keyword
- Making a list of the competitors from our keyword
- Using Yahoo Site Explorer to check our competitors’ back link
- Analyzing the web we need to SEO: content, HTML standard, meta, title, description, footer, back link, keyword rank on Google, …
- The present rank in Google, Alexa
- The indexed web page in Google, Yahoo, Bing
- The web optimization: speed, cache, traffic, …
Step 2: On page
- Upgrade server if server can’t adapt the need
- Create cache site on server: filecache, memcache, apc-cache, x-cache
- Install Gzip to increase web speed
- Create refer pages which are put on high-speed international servers
- Install Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tool (install Google Analytics 2 weeks before beginning SEO to let customer know the result of SEO)
- Check design, HTML standard
- Does the content have Silo structure which makes internal linking more powerful?
- Optimizing HTML: h1, h2, b, strong, no follow, alt …
- Does the link rewrite and keyword in url?
- Optimizing meta, title tag, insert keyword, description, copyright tags
- Submit sitemap to search engine, create sitemap xml for Google webmaster
- Use file robots.txt
- Adjust the crawl flow in Google webmaster tool
- Use keyword to make anchor text
Step 3: Off page
- Create accounts in Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Twitter, BlogViet
- Avoid duplicate content
- Create blog in Yahoo, BlogViet, Opera, Blogger
- Update info, build friend network in Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, Twitter, make fanclub in Facebook
- Create accounts in forums, write posts with signatures which have backlink
- Submit link website to Vietnam or international web directories:
- Update content in blogs, submit these contents to Sig, Digg, Linkhay, Tagvn.com
- Create accounts in advertising webs: Rongbay.com, Enbac.vn, Timnhanh.com, Chodientu.com, Vatgia.com…
- Create a stall in Enbac, Chodientu, Vatgia
- Submit new advertisers in advertising webs
- Blog comment
- Link baiting